In August we started the “SOBCon Twitter Chat“. Because of your great participation and support, and the efforts of our great friends Heidi Thorne and Amber Cleveland, we’ve now made it a regular monthly event.
If you missed the excellent October chat on blog accessability featuring Glenda Watson Hyatt, author of “I’ll Do It Myself”, click here for the transcript (scroll down to 5PM PST for the start of the chat).
Here’s our chat schedule for the next three months. Mark your calendars and see you in the chat room!
(Note all times are Central)
And remember, the Twitter hashtag for the chats, and all things SOBCon, is: #sobcon
“How Do You Measure the Success of Your Blog?;” SOBCon Chat, Thursday, November 18, 2010, 12:00–1:00 p.m. CST
For our November chat, Wendy Cholbi will be hosting, and we will be discussing the topic “How Do You Measure the Success of Your Blog?” With the end of the year just around the corner, this is a good time to take stock and plan for 2011. Here are the questions we’ll be addressing:
- Does measuring traffic, comments, etc. for your blog matter to you? Why?
- What metrics (i.e. Google Analytics, comments, resulting sales, etc.) do you use for your blog?
- Has one metric been more helpful than others? Why?
- What blog course corrections have you made as a result of metrics?
- Have you set any metric goals for your blog?
“Social Media Tools;” SOBCon Chat, Thursday, December 16, 2010, 12:00–1:00 p.m. CST
Shelly Kramer is a 20+ year marketing veteran. She’s a strategist, brand builder, deep thinker, information junkie, communicator extraordinaire, buzz builder and lover of all things related to digital marketing and social media. On December 16, this incredible marketing resource will join us on the monthly SOBCon chat to discuss various tools to use for Social Media, from messaging to measurement.
“Where Do You Get Inspiration for Your Blog?;” SOBCon Chat, Thursday, January 20, 2011, 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. CST
Get your blog off on the right start for the New Year with our first SOBCon chat of the new year. Our perfectly timed topic will be “Where Do You Get Inspiration for Your Blog?” Share your best strategies and learn some new ones. Here are the questions we’ll be discussing:
- What is your #1 source for blog post inspiration?
- Do you read other blogs or news feeds for ideas? How many do you follow?
- Do you primarily get ideas online or offline?
- What tools do you use for your blog idea “brain dump?” Lists, journal, software, etc.
- What strategies have you used when you have “blogger’s block?